By law we have to have a Privacy Statement, but we know reading a legalese version means nothing to the majority of us. We’ve therefore written a very short version, followed by the legalese one, which includes plain English explanations.
Privacy Statement – the very short version
- We won’t sell your data.
- We’ll only contact you if you say we can.
- We will not pass your data on to anyone who shouldn’t have it.
- If you want us to remove your data, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may have to keep your data for legal purposes for example we need to keep all invoices for HMRC. Your data would be on that invoice and we’d have to keep it.
Privacy Statement – the legalese version
Please read the following carefully
More simply put
This is our Privacy Statement, to which you need to agree in order to use our Website and related Service.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect the below information through your web browser and/or mobile device when you visit our Website, or through email, social media, post or telephone when you correspond with us via these methods.
What information do we collect?
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with the Service and endeavour to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you search for content, submit contact forms via our Website, or participate in surveys, discussions or other interactive functions on our Website or on our social media pages. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, personal description and photograph.
2. Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We collect this information from visitors to our Website for various technical and statistical purposes such as to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different locations. We may analyse this data to understand our users and how they use the Service, such as which parts of the Service users are visiting and how long they spend there, in order to make our Service better.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, purchases, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, hosting providers, analytics providers, communication service providers) and may receive information about you from them. We collate information on all our Website traffic that is represented in aggregate, anonymised format through cookies, and through third parties such as Google Analytics. This helps us to improve our Service and to deliver many of the features that make your experience on Forget me not funeral service more user-friendly.
More simply put
We need to collect some technical information about your computer or mobile device so that you can use the Forget me not funeral service Website and to help us improve it. The information we collect is the same kind that most websites collect.
How do we use the information you give to us and that we collect about you?
In order to deliver you the Forget me not funeral service Website, we need to use certain information about you and your use of the Website. We may use the information to allow us to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you. We may also use your preference information on an aggregated basis (where you are not personally identifiable) for our business, research, product development and marketing purposes.
Other than as outlined below, we do not make personally identifiable information relating to living individuals (“Personal Data”) available to any third party and we do not sell any Personal Data to third parties.
Finally, we reserve the right to analyse users’ usage of the Website, in order to make the Website better. We will not disclose any user’s Personal Data, such as phone number or email address or any of the other Personal Data listed above, to any third party other than to our contracted service providers and business partners that help us deliver the Service. Our internal use of your Personal Data is limited to providing the Service to you with appropriate data protection and security measures in place.
More simply put:
We only use this information to deliver you the Service and to help us make it better.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your Personal Data with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Our hosting provider who may only use the information to administer our Website. The hosting provider is required to keep all information private and secure.
- Services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google business where you interact with our Service via their services.
We may share your anonymised data with selected third parties:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your Personal Data and/or anonymised data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Forget me not funeral service or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
More simply put
We may disclose your information where our company or business is sold or where there is a legal obligation to do so.
Where we store your personal data
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
More simply put
We have security measures in place to protect your data. We cannot guarantee that your information will be secure due to the risks involved in transmitting information over the internet.
Opt Out and Unsubscribe Information
From time to time, we may contact you via email about upcoming events. If you wish to unsubscribe from these emails, you may do so by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
More simply put
You can opt out of any non-essential communications from us at any time.
Third Party Websites
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Subject Access Requests
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, in accordance with the EU Data Protection Directive. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email email@example.com
More simply put
It’s your data that we hold. You have rights. Take a look at the ICO’s guidance: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie/local storage is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies/local storage contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We collate information on all our Website traffic that is represented in aggregate, anonymised format through cookies, and through third parties such as Google Analytics. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver many of the functions that make your experience on our Website more user-friendly.
Get In Touch
Contact us in whatever way suits you